Wednesday, June 3, 2015

New Mexico - ISC

Dad, Hosanna, Jessica J. and myself, (Priscilla) got back on Saturday from Las Cruses, NM where we were attending the International A.C.E. Student Convention. We had a wonderful time!!!! I had never seen palm trees, or the desert, so this was a new experience for me.

Jessica came along and played piano for my vocal solo, as well as taking most of these pictures, and keeping me in line. Thank you, Jess! The theme this year was, "For Such a Time as This..." so behind us, you'll notice the decorations to help set the mood for thinking about time.


I competed in archery again, and ended up with sixth place.

Dad judged chess like he did at the regional student convention. Yes, three days of judging chess gets long, but he did great. There was some very intense games. Hosanna also ended up helping judge in some needed areas.

Since it's an International convention, we met people from all over the world. This is a pastor from the Philippians. It's really neat hearing these people talk about what God's been doing their country. All together there were students from 22 different countries from all continents.

Every evening before the rally, we had a pre-rally time, and a few nights, Evangelist Robert Watkins brought out some of his puppets, and did some ventriloquism. He's really good at it! During the actual rally, we heard a lot of great preaching, and I think we were all blessed by it.

I ended up doing a command performance on my Dramatic Monologue, "Let the Lower Lights be Burning". Praise God it went well!!!!!! Because the room is so big, they need a big screen so that everyone can see what's going on, on the stage. This picture is obviously taken of the big screen.  If you really want to watch it, you can see it at http://www.aceministries.com/studentprograms/isc/?content=isc/webstream&vid=Wednesday  You can forward to around 30 minutes in to see it.

The ribbon I'm wearing is for second place in Bible Memory, I also got a second place ribbon in short story writing. I placed first in Golden Apple award, (you automatically get first place if you do it,) Dramatic monologue,and consecutive word count. I got seventh place in website design, eighth in embroidery, and as mentioned above, I got sixth place in archery. I'm not sure how I did in my music events but I didn't place.  There's a lot of competition in the music area!

For someone who's never seen much for mountains, (except the Smokey Mountains) this was an awesome view every morning!!!! God's handiwork is amazing!

On the way home, we drove through Colorado, and stopped at Kit Pharo's Ranch. Dad's bought different things from him in the past, and wanted to stop by and see the place. This Red Angus bull head is mounted in Kit Pharo's office.

This is Dad with Kit Pharo's son, (Tyson) Dad was really exited to get to meet him. Overall, it was a great trip. I'm very thankful that God worked everything out for us to be there, and I'm sure none of us will forget it anytime soon. After all, "Where else, can one week last a lifetime?"-I.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!