Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Party

It was Priscilla turn to host the yearly "Girl's Christmas Party".  They had fun playing Human Clue, singing carols, reading scripture together, exchanging gifts, and of course, eating. From a mom's point of view, I am so glad my daughters have so many good and godly girls to be friends with.  Thank you girls!


Some of you have seen this, but we are redoing the boys room into a guest room and found this cool flower print linoleum
"rug" as its called, under the old carpet.  As far as I could research, its from the 40's.  Anyway, we covered it up with some carpet that I found on a good deal.  And now, I am adding the finishing touches to make it feel a little more comfy. (That's not my foot ;)

Otherwise -

Arthur is busy adjusting to milking cows again full time.  Amos got a job at Marvin Windows and he had been doing the bulk of the milking earlier.  So now, in addition to Arthur's 60 - 80 hours a week of work, he now milks cows.  I think it might be a long winter! Thankfully, the girls, as well as Mathias and Sarah, and sometimes the sons, have been helping out when they can.

No, we did not get Christmas cards out this year so we haven't forgotten anyone.  Merry Christmas anyway!  Maybe next year!  Sometimes there just isn't time ;(

Priscilla is back to her writing after the Bible Bee break.

Miriam and Hosanna have been doing some Christmas baking and wrapped all my gifts. I'm afraid that's one job I don't really care for so I'm thrilled to turn it over! They also continue to volunteer at the Senior Living Center and deliver Meals-on-Wheels.

We have a bunch of snow now, and so we look forward to Christmas and the celebrating of our Savior's birth!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!